- About Us
- Best Practices Integrative Informatics Consultation Service (BPIC)
- High Performance Computing Facility (HPCF)
- Sequencing Informatics
- Microarray Informatics
- Proteomics Informatics
- Genetics-Genomics Informatics
- Cancer Informatics
- Clinical Research Informatics
- Multi-Modal & Integrative Studies
- Data Management and Mining
- Industry Relations
Clinical Research Informatics and Data Integrity Monitoring Services
Clinical Research Informatics and Data Management offers a suite of services for collecting and managing clinical data. These services are designed to meet the operational and fiscal needs of NYULMC research investigators. Services available are:
Grant and Protocol Development Assistance
Free consultation and guidance in the development of grants and protocols is available from clinical research informatics (CRI) personnel, in order to provide:
- a comprehensive approach to data management and data integrity monitoring
- a comprehensive and accurate description of the data management process and procedures
- a description of the NYULMC electronic data capture (EDC) system used and the data management methodology.
CRI staff members are available to provide additional services. Importantly, we will develop an accurate budget that meets the financial requirements of the grant or protocol. This budget will take into account the complexity and duration of the study, and the volume of data to be stored and managed.
Data Management/Data Integrity Monitoring
CRI can meet the data management requirements of NYULMC clinical investigators and their study teams, through application of a comprehensive data management methodology that will insure:
- complete, accurate, timely data meeting the standards of Good Clinical Practice and Good Clinical Data Management are collected,
- a final database with the highest level of data integrity, supporting validity of study conclusions, and
- NIH data sharing requirements are met.
Note that if funds are limited, a reduced data management approach can be provided, as well as data management/data integrity monitoring training to the research study team.
Electronic Data Capture System Development
CRI personnel can develop your Electronic Data Capture (EDC) system to meet your study requirements. They can provide both:
- system development to provide on-line, real time data entry and editing and the development of data integrity monitoring and study management reports, and
- consultation on the selection of the NYULMC EDC system (eVelos, REDCap or Sharepoint Excel) that best meets the study objectives.
Case Report Form Design and Development Consultation
CRI has personnel with extensive experience and expertise in the design and development of Case Report Forms (CRFs), who can provide forms design consultation to investigators to insure that forms are:
- are easy to read and complete and
- facilitate the collection of complete and accurate research data.
Clinical Study Consultation
Clinical research informatics personnel will conduct a consultation for any study at no cost to the investigator.
NOTE: All requests for consultation services must be made through the Service Request Form. However, if you would like more information or wish to discuss support for clinical research study data management or services, please email Jim Robinson at James.Robinson@nyumc.org or call (845) 398-6506.